Chiropractic is continually developing and changing. We specialize in Torque Release Technique (TRT) which is one of the most advanced and scientific techniques in the world. It allows us to determine misalignments within the spine, correct neurological interference and reduce abnormal tensions on the spinal cord. Through very precise and accurate adjustments using an integrator we can remove interference and tension we find within the spine and spinal cord and allow our bodies to better regulate and adapt to our environment.
HOW IS TORQUE RELEASE TECHNIQUE DIFFERENT THAN OTHER CHIROPRACTIC TECHNIQUES?
A Torque Release Technique (TRT) adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed, neutral position and with the perfect amount of force. In contrast, a traditional adjustment requires the spine to be stretched to a position of tension followed by the manual thrust by hand to sufficiently open the spinal joints to activate a cavitation response. First Steps Chiropractic’s practice members enjoy the specific adjustment without the force, cracking and popping sound of manual adjustments.
Our Areas of Care
Dr. Henry specializes in care before, during and after pregnancy. His goal is to make the overall process as fun and enjoyable as possible. Research shows that moms under neurologically-based chiropractic care have reduced labor pain and time by up to 40%.
Healthy moms deliver healthy babies and healthy babies become healthy adults. Through our special training and analysis of the Webster Technique we can make sure that moms have a strong foundation and a nervous system that is functioning at 100%.
Potential benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include:
- A healthier pregnancy
- Controlling symptoms of nausea
- Reducing the time of labor and delivery
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain
- Preventing a potential cesarean delivery
- Ensuring a balanced and stable pelvis
Children have one speed… GO. Children experience structural stress during some of the most important growth opportunities in life. Stresses can occur during the birthing process, slips and falls, sports, sitting in school, and mobile/tablet use. These stresses cause imbalances in the nervous system and can lead to aches, pains and dysfunctions that are common in kids, but not normal. Additionally, this stress on the nervous system causes a decreased immune system, digestive issues, ADD/ADHD and constipation. We see children in our chiropractic office with things such as asthma, colic, infantile reflux, constipation and immune system problems. Our non-invasive and natural approach to children’s chiropractic care provides us with a unique way of improving the functions of your child’s nervous system so that they can grow up to be healthy adults. Call First Steps Chiropractic to make an appointment with a Coeur d’Alene Chiropractor.
- 2 case studies showed complete resolution in children with colic under chiropractic care
(Science Direct 2004 7:4 180-186)
- Another randomized, controlled study followed a group of infants over a 2-week period and chiropractic care was found to be effective in relieving infantile colic
(J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1999 (Oct);22 (8): 517-522)
- A 10-year-old girl who had had a history of constipation and bed wetting had a normal bowel movement just 1 hour after her chiropractic adjustment and hasn’t wet the bed since.
(Journal of Pediatric, Maternal, & Family Health. 2016 61-67)
- A 4-year-old had chronic ear infections and had tubes placed in his ear which fell out 9 months later. After his first adjustment his ears stopped running and after regular chiropractic care he stopped tugging on his ears and he didn’t need an additional surgery to place another set of tubes in his ears.
(Journal of Pediatric, Maternal, & Family Health. 2016.1 (2016): 5-8.)
From the start of treatment to the finish, First Steps Chiropractic will take care of the whole family. Whether you are working through a chronic illness or whether just want to maintain a healthy lifestyle, we are here to help you achieve your healthcare goals at an affordable cost. Call First Steps Chiropractic to make an appointment with a CDA chiropractor.